Maternity Hospital Labor Bag Checklist – What To Bring and Beyond
As you prepare for the delivery of your baby, packing a hospital maternity labor bag for the trip will come in handy for the big day.It’s usually a good idea to pack it a few weeks in advance of the actual due date.Usually your obstetrician will indicate when it’s time to head to the hospital once labor begins.Some things to bring in your overnight hospital labor bag and beyond are the following:
- Birth plan if you have one.
- Pajamas/Night Shirt (nursing gown if breastfeeding), robe and slippers.
- Nursing Bra if breastfeeding and regular bra if not.
- A few pairs of socks to keep your feet warm.
- Telephone numbers of family and friends (maybe bring a calling card).
- Cameras or other recording devices (check with staff on hospital policy regarding
- Insurance and other medical information.
- Toiletries (shampoo, tooth paste etc.).
- Snacks for mom and maybe your favorite pillow. – Blank Journal to record your labor journey and hospital delivery visit. – Snacks for labor coach or dad. – Lollipops for dry mouth (or maybe hard candy) and hand massager for back. – Reading material. – Chap stick for drip lips. – Going home clothes for mom and baby. – Baby blanket for going home. – Infant Car Seat (make sure it’s installed properly for going home).
* Check out these tote bags prefect for a maternity delivery hospital labor bag
* Check out these maternity items
* Check out these maternity cover ups or night shirts for new moms.
This article is copyrighted © 2005 by Marian Thompson, Owner of Be Here Soon (Maternity Gift Store) http://www.maternitygiftstore.com/ No re-reprint permission granted without permission. Inquires should be directed to admin @maternitygiftstore.com